What a weekend it was. Friday afternoon we traveled to Raleigh to begin the Tri-Toddler Summit (see more photos on
News from the Crib and
Pea Patch Post) wit
h Jed and his family. Eli did really well traveling more than 3 hours when he was tired. I think the Happy Meal respite along the way kept him going. While we waited for Ellie to join us Saturday morning, Eli and Jed had a blast playing at the park.

Then Ellie and her parents arrived to complete the party. The hard-won BBQ (thanks Eric) was greatly enjoyed by those of us who are no longer living near the source of such manna from heaven. Chris and I both indulged extravagantly. Delana's yummy persimmon pudding completed our very Southern buffet. After lunch, there was time for some serious playing.

Notice how Ellie's checking out Jed's awesome hair while Eli does his favorite thing - make noise.

After a great visit, we then traveled northwest to see Eli's grandparents and be in town to see an old friend (along with her husband and two adorable children). Eli was awake the entire 2.5 hour trip, again with no fussing. This time the copious amounts of Apple Jacks he had seem to have kept sailing smooth. Sunday was another day of visiting and playing and then home at last after a really good weekend. I think Eli did so well because all the activity kept him completely entertained. I may have a bored babe on my hands today.
In a final hurrah for the weekend, I spotted a tooth during a giggle session last night and on further inspection there's a whole mess of teeth coming in. We had several people ask us how many teeth Eli had over the weekend - he apparently is going to have more than 8 very soon. Just how many remains to be seen, but I think there are at least 2 and probably more coming in on the top and bottom.
So here's to good friends and teeth - what would life be without them?