Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Big Changes

Eli grows and changes every day. His vocabulary is really coming along and he continues to enjoy "helping." In fact "clean-clean" is one of his favorite things to do....no matter that he dumps the dirt out of the dust pan just to achieve the joy of putting it back in again. We're really happy about his helpful tendencies because we are definitely going to need all the help we can get very soon. Chris and I are really happy to announce that there will be a new kid joining the New Kid News family at the end of February.

In some quirky way, I'm reminded of our high school Spanish teacher and his favorite phrase "repita por favor" -- repeat please! Yet, I think this won't be a repeat of our experiences with Eli at all, but some new adventure that will almost certainly rival the adventures we've had with Eli so far.

To complete our big news, the ultrasound yesterday showed that Eli will be getting a little brother! That's just great with us, I mean, we already have a good supply of trucks and trains and things so we're all set.

So here are "new baby's" first blog photos. They won't win any prizes for quality, but I thought you'd enjoy them anyway. The profile in particular is nearly identical to Eli's ultrasound at about this point. Chris says that is inevitable and that you can't tell anything from these poor images anyway. Ah, and I was savoring the fun of such a striking resemblance. Sometimes, living with an imaging expert can really take the punch out of things. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who this new little person is really going to be.