Monday, January 17, 2011

And the Winner [of our baby name game] is.....

Silas McMillan with 4 votes.

I must say that if we were counting on you all to give us decisive information, we were sadly disappointed. I think you are as flummoxed about baby names as we are judging from the close results! The other tallies were as follows:
Finley Bruce 3
Sidney Bruce 3
Ezra McMillan 2
Ezekiel Lee 1

You might be wondering how we came up with some of these names so here are a few explanations:

McMillan was Chris' grandmother's maiden name. She was a smart, loving lady who Chris and I both thought the world of.

Lee is Chris' middle name.

Finley was my great-great grandfather's middle name (his first name was Major; I never knew him, of course, but we're working under the assumption he was a good guy).

Bruce was Chris' great-uncle's name. Chris knew him well and he was definitely a good guy.

Ezekiel is a name that pops up on my father's side of the family tree quite a bit during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.

Sidney is just a name we like, but it was inspired by my great-grandfather's nickname "Sid" (his real name was Shadrach McCoy, so you can see why the nickname was necessary).

Silas and Ezra are names we like.

So now the next wait begins.....Chris and I do have a favorite among these names, but we both feel the need to see the baby before we decide for sure. We're six weeks and counting until the due date on February 27th!