Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rock on Man!

I swear that Eli's vocabulary is doubling weekly. He repeats everything we say these days and has way more words than I can count. Some of the cutest ones include "panegaroo" (kangaroo), "Gin-ya" (Virginia, his babysitter), "Hi-lowww" (Hello, drawn out as if searching for someone), and "Baby Bruvver." He's also doing lots of two and three word sentences like "teach me" (he and Chris play school using the vintage school desk in his room and his easel/blackboard), "Hi Mama" (as in Hi, Mama, you still love me even though I was really rotten just now, right?), "Monkey fall down" (Monkey has fallen - more accurately was thrown- out of the crib), "All wet" (to report a diaper leak) and "poopy n'there" (to report a dirty diaper - we're so excited by this one!).

Eli is also really into music and singing, often singing in his crib when he wakes up in the morning. He got two guitars for Christmas and is making use of them both. Here he is in a video clip. His '80s band stage persona is really shining in this and he makes up for lack of tune with volume. We're so proud, do we have a rock star in our midst? Play at your own risk.



In other news, baby brother is still enjoying himself on the inside. I think he's going to be a party-animal like his brother because he regularly treats me to vigorous rounds of what must surely be dancing. We'll be down to 4 weeks-to-go on Sunday and I for one am glad to be on the home stretch. The crib is up, the clothes are washed, extra food is stored in the freezer. There is still a lot of work I wanted to get finished before he comes, but we're essentially as ready as we're going to get.